Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Lauren" Reviewed on Examiner.com!


Lauren: A story of love, loss, betrayal, and loyalty.


Lauren will be my fifth Julia Crane book in less than a month's time. Lauren is a spin-off book from her highly acclaimed "Keegan's Chronicles" books. But don't let that stop you from reading Lauren, because it by all means can also be read as a standalone book.
Julia Crane's work is incredibly engaging and unique. When I read her books, I can always see clear images in my head of the characters, scenery, and even feel the emotions the characters are feeling. Julia Crane has a way to pull you into a book and make you feel like you are watching a movie.
I read Lauren in one sitting, as I did to some of her other books; I could not put it down. Hours later I am still thinking about Lauren because it is that good. I can say it is hands down my favorite book of Crane's, and that is saying something because I have a slight obsession with "Keegan's Chronicles".
Lauren is easy to relate to as a young 17 year old girl going off to college trying to find her place in the world. Lauren has paranormal abilities, but feels insecure about her powers especially around her very magical friends. I hate when reviews give away too much of the story, and I feel like I am about to if I keep writing, so I will just sum it up. Lauren is a story of insecurity, how to fight your way out of it, and come out stronger in the end.
This book is also about friendship, love, loss, betrayal, and most of all loyalty.
For "Keegan's Chronicles" fans, you will be so delighted with a lot of the characters having a larger role in Lauren. As I said before Lauren can be and, in my eyes is, also a standalone book. I highly recommend reading Lauren because it is one of those books that leaves you thinking and wanting more.
5 STARS!
Buy Links:
Julia Crane is the author of the Coexist: Keegan’s Chronicles. She has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice. Julia has believed in magical creatures since the day her grandmother first told her an Irish tale. Growing up her mother greatly encouraged reading and using your imagination. Although she’s spent most of her life on the US east coast, she currently lives in Dubai with her husband and three children.
~Julia Crane
Website
Blog
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment